HF Linear Amplifier
10-160m incl. WARC
The well-know Explorer 1000 has recently been up-grated and given a face-lift. The new model is now the Explorer 1200.
The Explorer 1200 uses two 3-500ZG valves in grounded grid configuration and along with the new 1.2KVA toroidal transformer gives continous operating for long periods, even on RTTY.
- New control pcb incorporating Soft-start, ALC, metering and biasing circuits and antenna relays.
- Soft-start eliminates the high switch-on current that most amplifiers suffer from, but more important the cold resistance of the directly heated cathode is pre-warmed before the full 5 volts is applied.
- Pre-tuned input circuits are incorporated on each band so your transceiver sees a 50 ohm input load on each band.
- Cooling is achieved using a Papst fan which passes a lot of air but is quiet in operation.
- Internal PSU means the whole unit is self-contained.
- ALC adjustable from the front panel so your transceiver gives the correct amount of drive for a selected maximum O/P from the amplifier.
220 - 240 V 50-60 Hz @ 12A
12V @ 150 mA
100 - 1300+ Watts (RMS)
W 410mm. H 245mm. D 430mm.
W 16in. H 9.5in D 17in.